If you have a specific question, please feel free to contact us via our contact page.
- Can a foreigner purchase property in Japan?
- Popular myths and misconceptions about Japanese real estate
- Should I buy or should I rent?
- How to negotiate on the asking price
- Home insurance
- Joint ownership of real estate
- Finance options
- Can I get a mortgage?
- What happens if I want to rent out my home after obtaining a home loan?
|PURCHASE FEES AND COSTS|
|PROPERTY TAXES AND DEDUCTIONS|
- Capital gains tax
- Property registration tax
- Withholding tax for non-residents
- Withholding tax when the seller is a non-resident
- ‘Sumai-kyufu’ cash bonus for home buyers
- Home loan / mortgage tax deduction
|APARTMENT BUYING GUIDE|
- Apartment buying guide
- Apartment discounts – what can you reasonably expect?
- Management and repair fund fees
- Factors that can retain or increase an apartment’s value
- What can cause an apartment’s value to fall after purchase?
- Buying an older ‘vintage’ apartment in Japan
- Is it smart to buy a south-facing apartment?
- Where are the most luxurious apartments in Tokyo?
|HOUSE AND LAND BUYING GUIDE|
- House buying guide
- Land boundary surveys
- Building regulations in Japan
- Buying a house that cannot be rebuilt
- Reclaimed land in Japan
- What is the difference between freehold and leasehold land?
|EARTHQUAKES AND DISASTERS|
- Flood , tsunami and liquefaction risk maps for Minato-ku
- Earthquake building codes in Japan
- Earthquake insurance
- What are the earthquake damage risk ratings for Tokyo?
- Which areas are at risk of liquefaction in an earthquake?