According to Tokyo Kantei, the average monthly rent for a condominium-type apartment in greater Tokyo for the month of June has fallen compared to the previous month.
- Tokyo City: 2960 Yen/sqm, down 0.5%
- Kanagawa: 2027 Yen/sqm, down 0.6%
- Saitama: 1620 Yen/sqm, down 1.6%
- Chiba: 1593 Yen/sqm, down 0.2%
In the Kinki area (Osaka, Kyoto and Nara), the average rent was 1743 Yen/sqm, an increase of 0.3%.
- Osaka: 1806 Yen/sqm, up 0.5%
- Hyogo: 1702 Yen/sqm, down 0.1%
In the Chubu region (Aichi, Nagano, Shizuoka, Niigata, Toyama, Fukui, Yamanashi, Ishikawa and Gifu Prefectures), the average rent was 1479 Yen/sqm, down 0.9%. In Aichi, the average rent fell 0.8% to 1511 Yen/sqm and the downward trend is continuing.
The Asahi Shimbun, July 14, 2011
4,013 total views, 16 views today