The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT) announced the land price movements across Japan for the third quarter in 2014 (July 1 ~ October 1).
According to the Chika Look Report, 124 locations (83% of the total) saw an increase from the previous quarter, and 26 locations (17% of the total) saw no change. For the first time since this survey began in late 2007, none of the 150 survey sites saw a decrease in prices. Of the 124 locations to see a price rise, 122 locations saw prices rise between 0 ~ 3%, while 2 locations (Ginza and Shinjuku 3 Chome) saw prices rise between 3 ~ 6%.
Strong investor demand caused by monetary easing, as well as demand for apartments in areas with convenient access have helped to sustain the price growth.
In greater Tokyo, 58 locations (89% of the total) saw land prices increase, while the remaining 7 locations (11%) saw no change. In greater Osaka, 30 locations (77%) saw prices increase, wile 9 locations (23%) saw no change. In Nagoya, all 14 locations saw prices increase.
2,099 total views, 1 views today