Tokyo Kantei has announced the average sale prices for secondhand apartments across Japan for the month of June, 2011.
In the greater Tokyo area, the average price was 29,750,000 Yen (376,580 USD). This is a fall of 0.7% from the month before, and a fall of 3.5% from June of 2010. It is also the first time in 17 months that prices have fallen.
The data for areas within greater Tokyo are as follows:
- Tokyo City: 38,410,000 Yen (486,200 USD). Down 1.1% from the previous month and down 2.6% from the previous year.
- Chiba Prefecture: 18,820,000 Yen (238,200 USD). Down 2.4% from the previous month and down 2.4% from the previous year.
- Kanagawa Prefecture: 25,560,000 Yen (323,500 USD). Same level as previous month.
- Saitama Prefecture: 18,930,000 Yen (239,600 USD). Down 0.6% from the previous month but up 2.5% from the previous year.
For the Kinki area (Osaka, Kyoto and Nara), the average apartment price was 18,100,000 Yen (229,100 USD), and had fallen 0.3% from the previous month.
- Osaka: 18,740,000 Yen (237,200 USD). Up 0.4% from previous month.
- Hyogo Prefecture: 17,530,000 Yen (221,900 USD). Down 2.0% from previous month.
For the Chubu region (Aichi, Nagano, Shizuoka, Niigata, Toyama, ishikawa, Fukui, Yamanashi and Gifu prefectures), the average price was 15,310,000 Yen (193,800 USD) – a fall of 1.1% from the previous month. In Aichi Prefecture, the average price of 15,860,000 Yen (200,800 USD) had fallen by 1.3% and this was the 4th continuous month where the price had fallen below 16 million Yen.
Jutaku Shimpo, July 22, 2011.
3,085 total views, 5 views today