This is an example of one of my workdays. If you were ever wondering what a real estate broker in Tokyo does during the day, this might be of interest.
- Before work, scan over the news for anything real estate-related.
- Check and respond to overnight emails.
- Call agents from inspections over the weekend to provide feedback.
- Book an inspection for a client later in the week (this required several calls and emails throughout the day to an unresponsive agent).
- Prepare comps for a client.
- Check the status of current listings on the market, any changes in prices or any recent sales.
- Lunchtime inspection with client.
- Site visit of a new listing. Check the surroundings for any potential developments/impacts.
- Phone calls with seller’s side, scrivener and buyer to arrange a time for a contract signing between all parties.
- Two offers received from buyers. Submit and discuss them with the sellers’ sides.
- Search for listings for a client.
- Follow up on negotiations with buyers.
- Meet with a listing agent to go over available properties and new ones coming to the market.
- Email interview with a journalist.
- Reply to inquiries.
- Set up an inspection with an agent.
- Check for any new listings that came up during the day.
891 total views, 3 views today