A 59-storey, 199m tall condominium is planned for Tsukishima – a manmade island in Tokyo Bay. A town planning decision is expected in 2018, with construction to start in 2022 and completion scheduled for 2025.
The Tsukishima 3 Chome North District Redevelopment Project will include approximately 1,120 apartments, as well as retail and childcare facilities on the lower floors.
The site covers a 1.5 hectare block with Sumida River on one side and Nishinaka ‘Monja’ Street on the other.
To the south of this site is the Tsukishima 3 Chome South District Redevelopment Association site which is currently in the early discussion phase for for a 190m tall condominium with 750 apartments that could be completed by around 2024.
Tallest buildings on Tsukishima:
- Capital Gate Place (2015): 181m, 53 storeys
- Century Park Tower (1999): 180m, 54 storeys
- River City 21 East Towers II (2000): 144m, 43 storeys
- Sky Light Tower (1993): 139m, 40 storeys
- Moon Island Tower (2002): 133m, 38 storeys
- River Point Tower (1989): 132m, 40 storeys
- River City 21 East Tower (1991): 127m, 37 storeys
Source: The Daily Engineering & Construction News, November 14, 2017.