According to First Logic, the average price of investment properties listed on their Rakumachi site in September have seen a jump in prices while corresponding yields have fallen.
Both ‘apaato’ buildings and individual apartments nationwide have seen their advertised prices increase by 10% ~ 16% from last month. Meanwhile ‘mansion’-type buildings have seen prices fall 2.36% from August, although they are still higher than last year.
‘Apaato’ Buildings (typically smaller 2 storey apartment blocks, often wooden or steel frame construction)
- Average list price: 62,850,000 Yen (+10% from last month)
- Average gross yield: 10.43% (-0.33 points)
- Average building age: 23.5 years
‘Mansion’ Buildings (usually concrete construction with more floors)
- Average list price: 188,240,000 Yen (-2.36% from last month)
- Average gross yield: 9.31% (-0.25 points)
- Average building age: 24.2 years
- Average list price: 11,830,000 Yen (+16.09% from last month
- Average gross yield: 10.13% (-0.31 points)
- Average building age: 22.7 years
Source: First Logic News Release, October 4, 2013.